We all want to feel good when we smile. We also expect that chewing and biting will occur without complication. This expectation and others may not be satisfied if teeth are affected by widespread decay or inflammation. Oral disease, injury to teeth, and even wear and tear are all common reasons why a person may be a good candidate for full mouth reconstruction : a 360 degree makeover treatment. This procedure is not your average cosmetic dentistry makeover; it is a step-by-step process that rebuilds the framework for a healthy, attractive smile.
Who Are Candidates For Full Mouth Restoration?
Full mouth reconstruction refers to any treatment plan in which multiple restorative dentistry treatments are combined and customized to meet the unique needs of patients with extensive damage to their teeth and gums throughout their mouths.
You are almost certainly a good candidate for full mouth reconstruction if some or all of the following oral health conditions apply to you:
- You are missing one, several, or most of your natural teeth.
- You have multiple teeth that are cracked, chipped, broken, or otherwise damaged.
- Your gums are swollen, bleeding, and painful.
- There are pockets forming between your gums and your teeth, suggesting the advanced stages of gum disease, periodontitis.
- Your teeth are badly stained or otherwise discolored.
- You have teeth that show signs of enamel wear, including spots of discoloration.
- Your gums are starting to recede.
- You have chronic jaw, neck, head, ear, or shoulder pain, especially in combination with any of these other conditions.
- You are currently experiencing severe pain in one or more of your teeth.
- You have teeth that are loose.
- You have an abscess on your gums.
What To Expect From Full Mouth Reconstruction?
Patients who have multiple dental concerns often feel some trepidation about receiving dental treatment, but they shouldn’t. Our skilled dentists are compassionate and gentle, and we can customize a procedure to best suit your needs. If you’re considering a full mouth reconstruction, which utilizes two or more techniques to restore the smile, you may wonder what the process is like. As with all dental care, it begins with an initial consultation.
During the consultation, we will evaluate your oral structures, discuss your concerns, and develop a personalized plan that can help give you the healthy smile you’ve always wanted. At this same appointment, we will go over the timeline to complete your program, what the next few steps will look like, and the cost of services. We believe everyone should have access to the best care possible, and we offer many payment options to allow the price of full mouth reconstruction to fit within your budget.
Should you and your dentist decide that a full mouth restoration is right for you, the procedures necessary will depend greatly on your specific circumstances. You can expect your dentist to perform a thorough evaluation of the condition of following:
- Teeth: The condition of your teeth will determine what restorative procedures will be needed, and the options available to solve your concerns. You may suffer from crowded teeth, poor dental care, trauma, or the effects of wear and tear. The need to address and correct these issues and to prevent additional dental problems from occurring can give you relief as well as improved function and oral health.
- Gums Your gums (periodontal tissue) can suffer from periodontal disease if not taken care of properly. Gum disease can cause bleeding, swollen gums, bad breath, and loose or shifty teeth. Your dentist can employ methods to restore gums through modern techniques such as tissue restoration which promotes bone growth, pocket elimination surgery to help prevent tooth loss, or laser therapy to reduce pockets.
- Jaw and Bite: If you suffer from a bad bite or malocclusion, you may have pain when you close your mouth or chew. This can cause wear or destruction of your teeth and is very bad for your oral health. Your dentist may employ the use of braces to correct occlusion before additional restorative procedures are performed. Additionally they may suggest TMJ therapy which restores optimal bite and neuromuscular function with non-surgical temporomandibular joint therapy.
- Aesthetics: A full mouth rejuvenation serves to accomplish multiple goals. Namely it restores your teeth and mouth to a healthy and functional level but also gives you the opportunity to create a smile that you have always dreamed of. This is where it is beneficial to have an experienced cosmetic dentist performing your procedure(s) so that they can seamlessly blend the most effective dental technologies with their eye for esthetics. When designing your new smile, your dentist will take into consideration the color, shape, size and proportion of your teeth, and how they appear in relation to your gums, lips, mouth, side profile and face.
While restorative dentistry procedures are necessary for the preservation of oral health, they give the patient a unique opportunity to utilize all the modern advancements dentistry has to offer that make it possible for your dentist to provide you with durable, functional and clinically sound treatments that also look natural. Choose a dentist who is highly trained, experienced, and has the artistic eye to restore even the most unattractive smile.
Treatments that are commonly combined into full mouth reconstruction plans to address these and other oral health issues include:
- Dental implants, which are used to support crowns, bridges, or even full sets of dentures
- Traditional dental crowns
- Fixed dental bridges
- Tooth-colored fillings
- Ceramic inlays and onlays
- Root canal therapy
- Periodontal treatments, including scaling and root planing
Depending on the scope of your full mouth reconstruction, it may require several visits spread over months to complete. However, you will emerge with your oral health intact, not to mention a rejuvenated smile.
Meet Dr. Nishita Gandhi For Full Mouth Reconstruction @ Bronx, NY
At Bronx, New York area’s best dental center, Gandhi DDS we offer consultation services so that you will have a caring, professional opinion on how to improve your looks in a way that best suits your needs and goals. Request an appointment with Dr. Gandhi – a highly skilled cosmetic dentist in Bronx, New York to discuss your needs .
Dr. Gandhi, an artist when it comes to cosmetic dentistry, ensures that your specific dental needs are met at Bronx, New York. Dr. Gandhi is a best cosmetic dentist for the Bronx area, she holds numerous awards and is highly-ranked on Zocdoc. If you are someone from around Bronx, New York and need to have your teeth fixed, Schedule a consultation with Dr. Gandhi and get a perfect Hollywood smile makeover for yourself.